Wednesday, February 2, 2011

China Pre-Trip Multi-media sample and questions

1. Which media environments and technologies/applications/platforms will I use in documenting and telling the story of my China trip?

I will be using my dslr camera to make some kind of photo journal and post it on this blog and flickr.

2. What equipment/gear will I need to bring to capture my stories?

I will be bringing my Canon Rebel xsi and my MacBook Pro for taking and editing  photos and I will be  sharing it on flickr and my blog.

3. How will I capture and "bottle" my stories while traveling in China?

I’m not sure if I want to photograph something specific, I haven’t really thought about it. Maybe make a photo journal on the food there, or just random snap shots of interesting things I will see such as the architecture. I was thinking about bringing my toy lion Deriquemshaw and Emily is going to bring her fish Pablo and have them be in every snapshot or something, and make a blog called “The Adventures of Deriquemshaw & Pablo”RETURNS HOME jk (hah they were both made in China). That’s just an idea. This is something I still need to think about, but I want to capture the people and the culture, so maybe a combination of all the things I just said above. Emily and I also want to make daily video diaries using photobooth.
Meet Deriquemshaw (Pronounced: Der-ick-em-shaw)
Photo: Sarah Prak


4. Please provide a "sample example" of your multimedia approach here.
This is an Asian boy named Thomson
Photo: Sarah Prak

2 comments:

  1. I really like the "lion in every photo" idea, Sarah!

    This is gonna be mojo-tastic.

    Good multimedia approach!

    Mojo a'go go,

    W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah what happened to The Adventures of Deriquemshaw AND Pablo?

    ReplyDelete